In the subfascial technique, the silicone implant is placed under the fascia of the pectoralis major. The fascia is a very thin hymen that covers the pectoralis major.
Minimum or no pain.
2. Much faster recovery.
3. Performed with local anesthesia and/or sedation.
4. More natural shape of the breast, since the fascia is covering the implant and smooths out the roundness that develops on the upper part of the breast.
5. Minimization of capsular contraction, possibly due to the fact that the implant is not in contact with the breast (the fascia separates the implant from the breast).
6. It may limit the possibility of implant dropping in the future since the implant is well secured.
7. In selected patients, it minimizes the possibility of wrinkle formation mostly on the upper part of the breast.
8. As in all breast augmentation techniques, we simultaneously perform the Non touch-No pain technique.
The background: This breast enlargement method was first presented in 2000 by Dr Ruth Graf, a Plastic Surgery Professor in Brazil. The presentation was made in the Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Journal and in 2003 it was also published in the American Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
It yields the best possible results in selected patients
Complications are drastically reduced.
This reduction in complications is due to the SubFascial technique but also due to the “Non touch-No pain” technique for pocket preparation
At Kosmesis, we are currently among world leading practices with more than 800 surgical cases. This technique has been presented in many meetings (IMCAS meeting in Paris, January 2009, 14th Congress of the International Confederation of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (IPRAS) in Berlin, 2007, 10th European Societies of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery Congress in Vienna, 2005 etc.). We have also published our experience with this technique in the two most prominent international journals of Plastic Surgery: “Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery” and “Aesthetic Plastic Surgery”.
The experience and knowledge of the Kosmesis scientific team, give breast augmentation a totally natural and unique result. Book your appointment now!
Publications - Presentations