Mothers, like every other woman, deserve to seek beauty. Being confident and happy is something they owe to themselves, not only to their children. During the last years, 25-50-year-old mothers who want to make a gift to themselves, resort to the plastic surgeon asking them to refresh their look and improve their body image.
No one doubts that family life is above all and that a woman’s children are her No.1 priority. However, sometimes a mother needs to do more for herself. A combination of surgical procedures performed on the upper and lower body can improve her appearance which has changed dramatically after pregnancies. The most common combination of such operations is breast lift or breast augmentation-abdominoplasty-liposuction.
Many women will wonder whether such a combination of three invasive procedures is risky. Nowadays, science offers well-advanced techniques and totally safe solutions. The candidate should be healthy, something we ensure only after careful pre-operative assessment, while the plastic surgeon should also be experienced and talented.
In 2008, we performed 3 Extreme Makeover surgeries on patients that lasted many hours and they were broadcast by the Greek Mega TV Channel. For example, Mrs Mary Tsalapatani undertook facelift, breast reduction, tummy tuck and liposuction in a six hours surgery. Another patient, Mrs Froso Miliakidou, had circumferential (total) body lift and face lift within six hours, whereas Mrs Areti Papa had facelift, tummy tuck and breast reduction.
What guarantees for a successful Mommy Makeover?
– The patient selection must be done very carefully and the patient must be healthy.
– New technology prevents any complications (anticoagulation protocols, antithrombotic stockings, mechanical circulatory support systems in calves during and post-surgery, electric blankets in the operating room. Assessment of patients is made with the Caprini/Davison model which shows who is prone to get a deep vein thrombosis).
– Making use of innovative, bloodless and safe surgical techniques, such as the Non touch – No pain in breast augmentation and in abdominoplasty, radio frequencies (BodyTite) in liposuction or V-smasectomy in facelift.
– Emphasis is given to post-operative care (rapid mobilization of the patient, minimal post-operative pain, prevention of thrombosis and embolism, special diets).
– Fast, talented and experienced surgeon.
The most common combination of procedures for Mommy Makeover is:
Breast Augmentation – Abdominoplasty – Liposuction
Breast lift – Breast Reduction
Circumferential (Total) Body Lift– Liposuction
Facelift- Eyelid Surgery- Neck Lift
Most women resort to a combination of procedures but this is not always necessary. Many mothers choose only to have tummy tuck and breast lift.
Some patients ask us about the difference between the Total Body Lift and Mommy Makeover. Well, the first refers to men or women who have extended skin laxity after having undertaken bariatric surgery in order to lose a lot of weight. In this case, a combination of surgical treatments is required. However, in both Mommy Makeover and Total Body Lift, we must perform a number of invasive procedures. Their big difference is that candidates for Mommy Makeover may simply need abdominoplasty for skin laxity of the abdomen.
Mothers deserve only the best!
Book an appointment with the reputable plastic surgeons of Kosmesis for a full Mommy Makeover and instantly enhance your confidence and femininity.
Publications - Presentations