It fills wrinkles and adds volume to the cheekbones. The best part? It is a substance that exists in our own bodies.
Look at yourself in the mirror and be honest: do your deep wrinkles change completely its appearance or its characteristics? This is something that often happens to people over 40 years old. The solution to this is hyaluronic acid. This natural substance that exists in our body is the most popular treatment for facial wrinkles. Hyaluronic acid is a hydrophilic protein, a fundamental component of the skin and is always used as an injectable treatment.
tWhich areas do we fill and treat with hyaluronic acid?
1. The nasolabial fold, the wrinkle extending from the base of the nose to the outer part of the mouth.
2. The deep glabella (frown) wrinkles
3. Lips, it enhances them while achieving lips contouring.
4. The cheekbones
5. The face contour
6. Hyaluronic acid is also used in the liquid facelift.
What do we achieve with hyaluronic acid?
1. Skin hydration.With hyaluronic acid, the skin can bind water quantities that are 1000 times its weight. 2. Skin lubrication.Itresults in skin elasticity improvement, as a hyaluronic acid molecule may increase its volume by 18 – 20 times. 3. Skin protection. This happens because hyaluronic acid produces collagen and new cells.
Before the doctor injects the material, an anesthetic cream is applied locally. Hyaluronic acid is available in packages of 1 ml, the injection is delivered with a very small needle and the duration of the treatment is 5-10’. After the procedure has finished, there may be slight redness and minor swelling which usually subside after 1 hour to 24 hours maximum. Hyaluronic acid is a very safe product and there are rarely any side effects such as allergies or extended edema. The hyaluronic acid is often combined with the anti-wrinkle and muscle relaxant injections, Mesotherapy, Facelift and Liquid Facelift.
What should we know about hyaluronic acid?
An experienced plastic surgeon is responsible for a great result which in turn is connected to the amount infused. The quantity must be accurate, neither more than required, nor less. For example, the quantity used in deep nasolabial folds is 1-2 syringes. The result lasts from 6 months to 1 year. The more often you resort to the treatment, the better the result, which is also immediate.
Hyaluronic acid can be used in other cases as well:
1. In mesotherapy
2. In cosmetic creams
3. In ophthalmology
4. In orthopedics
5. In food supplements
Get in touch with the distinguished Kosmesis’ plastic surgeons and book an appointment!
Publications - Presentations